|Real Estate Auditors - Busy Season 2019|
Makosi provides a Secondment Mechanism for mid-tier audit firms in New York during their Busy Season. It is an opportunity for soon-to-be and newly qualified accountants to experience what it is like to work and play in the greatest city in the world and be rewarded with a professional and personal growth experience unlike any other secondment program.
We are a service driven organization and should you be accepted in to the program the expectations of you will be high. With 15 years of experience in New York Busy Seasons we know what it takes to succeed while you are here but we also believe that with hard work should come reward. Not only will we equip you in order to success but we will also show you around the city and organize networking, social and sporting events that will help you integrate and understand what it means to be a New Yorker during your time here.
We require Real Estate Audit Associates to join our specialist project teams within the Real Estate environment in NYC and employ the following tasks:
· Partake in planning an audit
· Running an engagement
· Drafting audit procedures and documenting results
· Perform control testing
· Perform substantive audit testing
· Draft financial statements in accordance with IFRS standards
· Efficient communication to managers and partners on audit progress and issues
· CA / CPA / ACA
· Minimum 3 years’ experience within Big 4 or Mid-Size Audit Firm
· Understanding of Residential & Commercial Leasing and Valuation techniques essential
· Excellent work ethic
· Strong analytical mind
· Good management skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Excellent time management skills
· Ability to discuss high level accounting issues with people of little or no financial background
· Organized and methodical approach to work
We look forward to receiving your application and hopefully having you join us in New York in January 2019!
Would you like to apply to this job?