|Paymaster (Payroll Associate)|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• MUST have experience with Pegasus Opera 3
• Implement general payroll policies and procedures and monitor adherence to guidelines. Monitor and analyze payroll cost, payroll standards, and budgeted standards as needed.
• Prepare and transmit payroll entries within established timeframes. Download and edit information from timekeeping system. Audit and post entries into payroll system, including gratuities. Ensure that correct payments are made, taxes are withheld, overtime is correctly charged and paid, and that payroll is processed and executed according to all state, federal and local laws, rules and regulations.
• Prepare reports for hotel management, including headcount and production reports, overtime reports, costing reports, etc. as needed or requested.
• Troubleshoot payroll problems/issues for employees as requested. Coordinate resolution with Department Heads, Human Resources.
• Prepare manual checks or advance payment requests as needed or required.
• Maintain orderly filing systems for all payroll supportive documentation and payroll reports. Maintain confidentiality of payroll information regarding past and present employees, and adequately safeguard payroll files.
• Perform other payroll-related duties as needed, such as returning unclaimed paychecks as appropriate, preparing human resources or accounting documentation or reports on payroll-related statistics, ensuring checks are distributed in a secure and timely manner, etc.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include department heads throughout the hotel, for the purpose of providing or obtaining information regarding payroll.
• May perform additional accounting-related duties such as processing retrieval and chargebacks from credit card companies, assisting in posting payroll charges to the general ledger, troubleshooting time clocks or payroll system issues, working with Accounting staff on payroll bank accounts and cash levels, preparing hotel payables for payroll-related expenses, etc.
Would you like to apply to this job?